Harry Potter starts 20 years ago – level 1
20 years ago, the first Harry Potter movie is in cinemas. Its name is ’Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone‘. There are eight movies about Harry Potter. Harry Potter is a young boy. He learns that he is a wizard. He studies at Hogwarts School.
The movies about Harry Potter have many special effects. Sadly, computers are not very good 20 years ago. Some computer technologies are not ready at that time. It is more difficult to make some effects look real. Artists make most props by hand.
One of the most difficult effects are objects which float in the air. The filmmakers work hard. The results are great. The floating objects look real.
People all over the world love the Harry Potter movies.
Difficult words: wizard (a person who has magical powers), effect (a sound, picture, or trick in a film), prop (a thing which actors use in a film).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos