Helicopters crash in Argentina – level 3
Two French Olympians were among 10 people killed after two helicopters collided mid-air during filming for a popular European reality TV show in Argentina.
Camille Muffat, who won an Olympic gold medal in swimming at London 2012, Olympic boxer Alexis Vastine, and champion sailor Florence Arthaud were filming for the series “Dropped” in La Rioja Province.
The helicopters crashed while flying near Villa Castelli, with ten people on board both aircraft were killed, along with two Argentine pilots.
The reality show involves eight sports stars being dropped into inhospitable environments. The provincial government said a cast and crew of around 80 people were in the area to film the series.
Shooting began in February at the southern tip of Argentina before moving north to La Rioja.
Difficult words: collide (to hit), inhospitable (not easy to live in), environment (area), cast (all the actors in a TV show or movie or play), crew (the people who work together on a TV show or movie or play).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.