High-speed car chase – level 1
This happens in England. Police chase a car. They go 120 miles per hour (193 kph). There are two drug dealers in the car. The police film the situation.
The drug dealers throw the drugs out of the car. The drugs are worth a lot of money. A police car gets in front of the car. There is a police car behind it, too. The drug dealers must stop.
Police later finds the drugs on the motorway. The two men go to prison. One goes for 15 months. The other one goes for 5 years.
Difficult words: chase (try to catch), drug dealer (person who sells drugs), be worth (have value in money).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this incident?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos