Hitler’s Mein Kampf – level 1
“Mein Kampf” is a German book. Adolf Hitler wrote it in 1925. After World War Two, Germany banned the book. You could not buy it.
After 90 years, the book is legal again. Experts work on the book. They put comments into it. This takes them three years.
The book has 2,000 pages. There are 3,500 comments. They say that the book is for education.
People react to the book. Every person reacts differently. Some people are shocked. Some people are not.
Difficult words: wrote (past of “write”), ban (to stop allowing something), education (teaching, learning).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the book?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.