Hitler’s Mein Kampf – level 2
“Mein Kampf” or “My Struggle” is a book which Adolf Hitler wrote in 1925. At the end of World War Two, Germany banned the book.
After 90 years, people republished the book, and now you could buy the 2,000-page work last Friday.
Before the republishing, scholars worked on the book. They worked for three years. This edition of Mein Kampf comes with over 3,500 critical comments.
People’s reactions to the book are mixed. One concentration camp survivor is shocked. Another person thinks that it is a way to learn from the mistakes of the past.
Difficult words: struggle (to fight), ban (to make something illegal), scholar (an expert).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the book?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.