Hole In the Ground – level 1
In China, the ground opens up. A big hole is in the ground. The hole is in the parking space before a shopping mall. 21 cars fall into this hole.
Luckily, no people are in the parking space. However, the cars are wrecked. Chinese authorities do not know what happens. It seems that water makes the hole. Heavy rains are in China now. This weather is very unusual.
However, holes in the ground are more common in the last years. Experts think that the reason is the weather. Too much water takes the soil away. Suddenly, roads or pavements collapse. People do not know when and where it can happen.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.