Homemade 1963 Batmobile – level 1
A man reads comics about Batman. He likes Batman very much. He wants to have a car like him.
He gets a car. He changes it. It takes him three years. Now the car looks like the Batmobile. It is very popular. It goes on auction. Somebody buys the car for 137,000 dollars.
Another man likes Batman, too. He builds a Batmobile, too. It is also very beautiful. He sold it last year. Somebody paid 4.2 million dollars for it.
Difficult words: comics (a story with pictures and with words), auction (a place where you can buy something if you pay more than other people), sold (past of sell – give for money).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you read comic books?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos