Homemade 1963 Batmobile – level 2
A fan of the comics about Batman wanted to have the same car as Batman, so he created his own Batmobile.
It took him three years to customise a car made in 1956. He finished his Batmobile in 1963. This car looks like the Batmobile, which was depicted in the comics from the 1940’s to the 1950’s. The car became so popular that DC Comics leased the car from him. However, he sold the car at auction recently. Somebody paid 137,000 dollars for it.
Another man built his Batmobile, too. It also looks beautiful and it was sold for 4.2 million dollars.
Difficult words: customise (to change something), depict (represent), lease (rent).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you read comic books?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.