Horse in Pompeii – level 1
There are valuable artefacts in Pompeii. Criminals want to take them. They build tunnels. Police find their tunnels.
Experts come to the tunnels. They find interesting artefacts. They find a big horse. Its body is complete. This is a good find. The horse is almost 2,000 years old.
Difficult words: valuable artefact (a historical thing which now costs a lot of money), find (something which people find).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos