Hospital is flooded – level 1
It rains a lot in a town in the USA. The sewer system is full of water. It cannot hold any more water. The water gets out of the system. It floods a hospital’s cafeteria.
Tables and chairs break in the water, but no one is injured. People go up higher to be safe.
Difficult words: sewer system (underground system which moves dirty water away), flood (cover with water), cafeteria (area where you can eat).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos