Hot air balloon flies underground – level 3
A seventy-year-old Austrian adventurer has successfully landed a hot air balloon in a cave 200 metres deep in the Velebit Mountains in Croatia.
Ivan Trifonov, decided to fly down, touch the cave’s bottom and fly out of the cave, in a never seen before attempt at flying a hot air balloon underground.
Ivan’s mission comes exactly ten years after fellow Austrian adventurer Felix Baumgartner pulled off a parachute base jump on the same spot.
This historical air balloon flight took around 25 minutes, from the initial take-off on surface, through touching the bottom of the cave, and flying out and landing back on surface.
Difficult words: initial (occurring at the beginning), surface (the ground on top of something).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.