Hot Years – level 1
Scientists around the world check the Earth´s temperature. They check the temperature every day. It is very important. Scientists can see how the temperature is changing.
This year is very hot. The temperature is going up in many places. Every month of 2020 is the hottest or second hottest in history. The biggest changes take place in Northern Asia. The temperature grows a lot there.
The hottest year in history is 2016. The second hottest year is 2019. Scientists think that 2020 can become the hottest year in history. Scientists are not happy.
High temperatures are not good for the environment. Many animals and plants can die. The weather is changing, too. It rains a lot in some places. Other places are very dry.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.