House on Mars – level 3
National Geographic, Royal Observatory Greenwich astronomers, and Stephen Petranek, the author of “How We’ll Live on Mars”, created a model of what could once be a Martian house. People built it at the Royal Observatory Greenwich in London.
The house is designed to be situated in Valles Marineris, a system of canyons that runs along the equator of Mars, and the house will make oxygen and supply its own water by sucking in the Martian atmosphere, which is about 100% humid on most nights.
People on Mars will also have 3D printers, which will make almost everything that they would need, from wrenches to plates and toothbrushes.
This all may sound like science fiction, but according to Elon Musk, a million people could be living on Mars by the mid-2060s.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.