Hoverbikes for American soldiers – level 2
British developers are working with Americans to create a prototype hoverbike for the Department of Defence.
Instead of a helicopter, people could use the hoverbike. The hoverbike is safer because it has guarded rotors. It is also less expensive to buy and run. Hoverbikes have sensors and an autopilot, so they can act like drones.
Now the American army will develop the hoverbike technology in Maryland. The army is planning to use hoverbikes in search-and-rescue operations, medical emergency situations and cargo transportation.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
How will the Department of Defence use the hoverbike technology?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.