How to mine Bitcoin – level 1
Bitcoin is digital money. One person can send bitcoin to another person via the Internet. Miners check the transactions. A transaction is when you send or get money. The miners get bitcoins for their work.
People can have only 21 million bitcoins. More bitcoins cannot exist.
Bitcoin starts in 2008. Satoshi Nakamoto starts bitcoin. Everybody can mine bitcoin at the beginning. You only need a computer.
If you want to mine bitcoin today, you need a lot of computers in one place. This place has a special name. It is a mining farm. These farms need a lot of electricity and a good cooling system.
One big farm is in Russia. Low temperatures help to cool the system. This big farm can mine six bitcoins every day.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.