Hugs Not Walls – level 1
Mexico has some problems. People leave Mexico to go to the US. They do this illegally so they can leave Mexico quickly. However, they cannot see their families again. It can be hard to get back to the US if they visit their families.
An organisation wants to help these people. It asks the leaders of the US and Mexico to open the border. The leaders open the border at one place along a river.
The organisation brings families together from the US and Mexico. They can meet for three minutes. They are very happy and very sad.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.