Human helps a dolphin – level 3
This underwater footage shows the moment a dolphin tangled in a fishing net sought the help of a diver in Hawaii.
The video from a Manta Ray diving group shows the amazing and touching interaction between a bottlenose dolphin and a human. The meeting shows diver Keller Laros spend time tending to the dolphin who graciously accepted his help.
Laros was leading a group of snorkelers on a diving experience when the dolphin squealed out.
As it swam right up and pushed itself into him, Laros soon noticed that the dolphin’s movements were inhibited because it was entangled in fishing line and a hook was lodged in one of its fins.
The dolphin calmly and patiently allowed the human to work to help it break free.
Difficult words: footage (video), tangle (wrap), sought (requested), interaction (when two or more things do something together), tend to somebody (to look after somebody), graciously (kindly), squeal (make a high-pitched noise), inhibit (partly stopped), lodged (fixed in).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.