Human mattress dominoes chain – level 2
An appliance and electronics company in America set a new world record. It is the record for the largest human mattress dominoes chain ever!
1,200 people toppled over one after the other in a warehouse in Maryland. The full line took 13 minutes and 38 seconds to get from the beginning to the end.
The company will give the mattresses to local charities. The charities help poor and homeless people.
Difficult words: appliance (machine), topple (fall), warehouse (a large building where you put things before you sell them).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.