Human Trafficking in Romania – level 1
This news comes from Romania. Some criminals kidnap people. They find them at places like railway stations. This starts to happen in 2008.
The criminals make the people be slaves. Some of these slaves are children. Their masters don’t behave well. They give them only little food.
The police find some of these criminals and slaves. The police find 29 criminals. The police save 5 slaves. The police believe that there are more criminals. They believe that there are 40 slaves altogether.
Difficult words: kidnap (take somebody away and hide him or her), slave (a person who is owned by another person), master (a person who owns somebody or something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos