Hundredth birthday with sharks – level 1
This news is about an old woman. She is 100 years old. She loves to do dangerous things. She skydives, for example. She raises money by skydiving. She gives the money to people.
When she turns 100, she celebrates. She gets inside a cage. The cage then goes underwater. There are sharks in the water. This is called “shark cage diving”.
Difficult words: skydive (to jump out of a plane, fall and then open a parachute), raise (to make), cage (a big thing which protects the people inside it).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you like to try shark cage diving?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.