Hundredth birthday with sharks – level 2
This news is about a 100 year-old granny who loves doing dangerous things. For example, she skydives to raise money. She used this money to buy life jackets for volunteers at the National Sea Rescue Institute in South Africa. She’s an awesome granny, isn’t she?
To celebrate her 100th birthday, she climbed into a cage. People then put the cage underwater in an area with many sharks. If you are interested in trying this, this activity is called “shark cage diving”!
Difficult words: volunteer (a person who does something without being paid for it), climb (get), dive (to get/be underwater).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you like to try shark cage diving?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos