Hurt Service Members – level 1
Last month, the US kills an important Iranian general. Iran does not like this. Iran attacks a US military base in Iraq. The US president says that no one at the military base is hurt or killed. Later, he says some of them have “headaches.”
After that, the government says that 64 people are hurt. They have problems with their brain. Recently, the government says that 109 people are hurt. 76 people get help. They go back to work.
Difficult words: general (a military leader), military base (a place where a government’s military does work), headache (when your head hurts).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos