Ice Bath – level 2
A Dutchman, Wim Hof, created The Wim Hof Method which combines ice bathes, breathing, and mental exercises.
Wim Hof holds many world records related to cold water. He swam 67 meters under ice, and he climbed the highest mountain in Africa only in shorts.
If you want to practice ice bathing, the most important thing is the right breathing. Then you can get into cold water and practice mindfulness and meditation. Mindfulness is a state when you focus only on the present moment. Meditation helps you feel calm and relaxed.
The method has many good effects on your body. Your body becomes stronger, healthier, and you feel younger. You sleep better and your body will easily recover from an illness.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.