Ice Breaks Under a Car – level 1
This happens in Northeast China. Three men are in a car. They drive onto a frozen lake. They drive on the ice for a moment, but then the ice breaks. The car starts to sink. Luckily, everybody gets out of the car in time.
There are many people at the lake. They are at a fishing festival. They watch the accident. Later, people move the car out of the water.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this incident?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.