Immigrant Saves Boy – level 1
This news is from Paris. A father goes shopping. He leaves his son home alone. The son is only four years old. Their home is a flat on a fourth floor.
The boy gets in danger. He gets on the balcony. He hangs from it. He can fall down and die. Luckily, a brave man takes action. He climbs up the building. He is like Spider-man! He gets to the boy and saves him. People call the man a hero.
The hero is an illegal immigrant. President Macron meets him. He tells him that he is brave and good. The President also tells him that he can stay in France. The man is no longer an illegal immigrant. He can work as a firefighter, too.
Difficult words: brave (if you are brave, you do something good even though something bad can happen to you), climb (go up or down), illegal immigrant (a person who comes to another country but does not have official papers to be there).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.