Indonesia Plane Crash – level 1
A plane crashes into the sea in Indonesia. The plane is flying from the capital city Jakarta to the island of Borneo. 62 people are on the plane.
It is raining when the plane takes off. The weather forecast is not good. The plane has problems four minutes after the start. The plane is high in the sky. Then the plane drops three kilometers in one minute. Flight operators do not see it on the radar anymore.
Authorities know where the plane crashes. They send ships to the place. Divers search the wreckage. These are the parts of the plane after it breaks. They must find the black boxes.
It seems that all the passengers die. Rescuers want to find their bodies.
Difficult words: weather forecast (when people say what the weather will be like in the future), radar (a device which has a screen, and people can see on the screen where something is), black box (a machine in a plane that records everything that happens).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos