International Yoga Day – level 1
International Yoga Day is on 21st of June. Some people prepare for it. They do yoga in New Delhi. New Delhi is the capital city of India.
Thousands of people are there – school children, members of the armed forces, government officials and fans of yoga. There are so many that they even affect the traffic.
One student talks about yoga. He says that it helps with stress.
Difficult words: the armed forces (the army), government official (person who works for the government – bosses of the country), affect (change in a negative way).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you do yoga?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.