International Yoga Day – level 3
Now you know the energy has to be good in this place.
Thousands of people participated in preparations for International Yoga Day which is celebrated on Sunday 21st of June. The preparations were held at Rajpath, an elegant lawn-bordered boulevard that connects the presidential palace to India Gate.
Thousands of school children, members of armed forces, government officials and yoga enthusiasts participated. The numbers even affected traffic in parts of the capital.
One student at the rehearsal who had been practicing yoga for months described how he felt the practice was useful, saying yoga helps balance stress.
“When we perform yoga, it balances everything.”
Prime Minister Modi will perform yoga at a public event next month, part of his international drive to increase participation in the ancient Indian discipline.
Will you be participating in yoga day this Sunday, have a mindful and peaceful day.
Difficult words: boulevard (a wide street in a city), enthusiast (a person who is enthusiastic about something – loves doing something).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.