Internet Satellites – level 2
On Monday, the company SpaceX used a rocket to send 60 satellites into orbit. The company’s rockets landed on a drone ship; however, the last rocket missed the drone ship, and it fell into the Atlantic.
It is the company’s fourth mission this year, and there are about 300 satellites in orbit. SpaceX plans to send thousands of more satellites into orbit. The plan is to make a system of satellites that will move around the Earth and offer fast internet for all of the world.
The company said that the northern US and Canada could use internet from these satellites this year.
Difficult words: satellite (a thing that travels around a planet or a sun), orbit (the way of an object around a planet or a sun), drone ship (a place in the sea where rockets land).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos