Iran Nuclear Deal – level 1
The USA, UK, France, Germany, China and Russia make a deal with Iran in 2015. For Iran, the deal means that they cannot enrich uranium.
People enrich uranium to make nuclear weapons. This means that Iran cannot make nuclear weapons. For the USA and EU, the deal means that they cannot put sanctions on Iran.
Last year, Trump pulls out from the deal. He puts sanctions on Iran. This is not good for the Iranian economy. Iran starts to pull out of the deal, too. They start to enrich uranium.
Iran says that they do not want to make a nuclear weapon. They want European countries to save the deal. Europe still respects the deal.
Difficult words: deal (an official plan to do something), enrich (make more powerful), sanction (a block, doing something which is economically bad to another country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos