Iraq Attack – level 1
On Wednesday evening, rockets attack a military base in Iraq. It is the biggest attack since December 2019. Three people die in the attack.
Two people are American soldiers. US officials do not say their names. First, they must contact the soldiers’ families. The third dead person is a British woman. She works as a medical technician.
The rockets come from Russia. Iran uses similar rockets in the past. US officials think that Iran makes the attack. However, it is not easy to say who is guilty for the attack. US officials worry. The attack can start new conflicts with Iran.
Difficult words: military base (a place where soldiers live and train at war), medical technician (a person who works in a hospital or laboratory, but he or she is not a doctor), guilty (when someone does something bad).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.