Ireland After Brexit – level 1
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson is not happy with the Brexit plans. He has his own ideas. However, he has little time. The UK must leave the European Union on October 31st.
Johnson wants to make a trade zone on the island of Ireland. On this island, there are two countries. One is a part of the European Union. The other is a part of the UK. Trading can be difficult in the future. The UK must follow European custom rules. Johnson thinks that this is not good for the UK.
The president of the European Union, Jean-Claude Juncker, is happy with Johnson’s plan. However, there are still some problems with it.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.