Is globalization ending? – level 1
Robert Moritz is an expert on global trade. He speaks about globalization. Globalization is the process by which companies and organizations operate around the world, not only in a few countries.
Moritz says that globalization is not stopping but changing. People are now trading more with nearby places or just one other country. Regions like North America, Europe, and Asia are becoming closer and working together more. Some people think that everything will break apart. But these regions are trying hard to trade more with each other to help their economies grow.
Moritz believes that our world is always changing. It is something what people cannot stop. It seems that in the future, countries will trade more with their neighbors. This is a good and normal thing.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think potential risks exist if countries rely more heavily on trade between neighboring regions?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.