Is there a ghost?! – level 1
This happens at a theatre in England. A security camera captures something strange. It happens at night. A chair moves on its own.
This is not normal. Why did the chair move? Did a ghost move it? We do not know. The theatre manager said that strange things happen at this theatre.
Difficult words: capture (record), strange (not normal), on its own (nobody moves it but it moves anyway), ghost (some people think that when a person dies he/she stays alive as a ghost).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you believe in ghosts?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.