Israel to the Moon – level 1
In February, an Israeli organisation sends a spacecraft to the moon. It costs $100 million. This is not very much. NASA spends billions of dollars to go to the moon.
The Israeli spacecraft flies around the moon. It does this well. It tries to land. This does not go well. Its engine turns off. The people who control the spacecraft try to help. They turn the engine on. They cannot get the spacecraft to go down.
Israel’s Prime Minister talks about this. He says that if something does not go well first, you try again.
Difficult words: spacecraft (a machine which works in space – outside our planet), land (go to the ground and stop moving), engine (a part of a machine which moves it).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos