Israeli Government Problems – level 1
The Israeli president wants politician Benny Gantz to make a new Israeli government. This is a problem for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Gantz and Netanyahu are enemies.
The president says this because there are three elections in Israel. The elections are supposed to make a new Israeli government. All of the elections fail.
Netanyahu is in a political party that does well in the March 2nd election. The other political parties are stronger. They want Gantz to be the next prime minister. However, not everyone feels this way. The president has to make decisions to help the Israeli government.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.