Italy and Russian gas – level 1
Italy imports gas from Russia. Before the invasion of Ukraine, Italy imports 40% of its gas from Russia. Now, it is less than 10%.
The country is already preparing for next winter. Italy wants to be independent of gas from Russia. One solution is regasification ships. The first ship arrives in the city of Piombino last week. The ship transports and stores liquefied gas. It changes the liquefied gas into a gas again. It happens on board.
Some people are not happy with the ship. They say that it will have a bad impact on local life, fishing, and tourism.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What potential problems could regasification ships cause for the local community in Piombino?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.