Italy’s Chinese New Year – level 1
Chinese people celebrate the Lunar New Year. They usually celebrate it on the 16th of February. However, Chinese people in Rome celebrate it early. They hold an early Chinese New Year celebration.
One tourist likes the celebration. He is also surprised. He says that he does not know that people in Italy have this celebration.
This Chinese New Year celebrates the Year of the Dog. The animal comes from the Chinese zodiac.
Difficult words: Lunar New Year (when people celebrate the new year based on the moon), Chinese New Year (when Chinese people celebrate Lunar New Year with dancing music, and other events), the Year of the Dog (Chinese people respect dogs for their loyalty), the Chinese zodiac (people celebrate a different animal each year; there are 12 animals).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos