Italy’s Chinese New Year – level 2
Usually, the Lunar New Year starts on the 16th of February, but this year, the Chinese community of Rome held an early Chinese New Year celebration.
One tourist said that he liked seeing that people celebrate Chinese New Year in Italy, but he was also surprised by it.
This Chinese New Year celebrates the Year of the Dog as based on the Chinese zodiac.
Difficult words: Lunar New Year (when the new year happens on a new moon), community (a group of people who live close to one another), the Chinese zodiac (a twelve-year cycle that people follow and each year relates to an animal sign).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.