Japanese and American Warships – level 3
Japan dispatched its largest warship, the helicopter carrier Izumo, since it passed laws expanding the role of its military. It is escorting a US supply vessel within Japanese waters.
The US ship will refuel US vessels in the area, including the Carl Vinson aircraft carrier group sent to the Korean waters last week, in response to North Korea’s failed missile test.
North Korea has threatened to sink the carrier amid rising tensions in the region.
Difficult words: dispatch (send off for a purpose), supply vessel (a ship which transports something), amid (among).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos