Japanese black burger – level 2
An international chain of fast food restaurants introduced something special in Japan. It is a burger, but it is completely black.
The buns of the burger have bamboo charcoal powder in them, the meat is darkened with black pepper, and the barbecue sauce has squid ink in it. Wow!
So, what does it taste like? One happy eater said that it would go well with rice.
Difficult words: chain (group of restaurants which is owned by the same company), introduce (to sell something for the first time), charcoal (special coal which is usually made from bamboo).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like fast food?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.