Japanese Emperors – level 1
Japan does not have kings or queens. It has emperors. Japan’s emperor is Emperor Akihito. He is old. He steps down.
He steps down last Tuesday. He does this at an official ceremony. He says that he is lucky to be an emperor. He wishes good luck to his son.
His son becomes the new emperor. He is Japan’s 126th emperor. His name is Naruhito.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.