Japanese people and alcohol – level 1
In the past in Japan, people usually take other workers to a bar. They drink alcohol together. Young people don’t do this activity anymore.
The coronavirus changes everything. People can’t go to pubs and bars. They look after their health more. They don’t drink less alcohol. They prefer non-alcoholic drinks.
This trend happens in all the world. It happens especially among young people. The sales are growing for non-alcoholic drinks. Japanese bars now offer many non-alcoholic drinks.
The government wants young people to drink more alcohol. The situation is not easy. Young people have a different lifestyle than older people.
Difficult words: non-alcoholic (with no alcohol), trend (a normal situation or activity), lifestyle (how people live).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos