Joke About a Bed – level 3
Peter goes to a psychologist. “Doctor, I’ve got trouble,” he says. “Every time when I get into bed, I think there is somebody under it. I get under the bed and I think there is somebody on top of it. Top, under, top, under. I think I am crazy!”
The doctor thinks for a moment. Then he says, “Just be my patient for 2 years. Come to me three times a week and I will help you.”
“How much will I pay?” Peter asks.
“A hundred dollars per visit,” the doctor says.
Peter replies, “I’ll think about it.”
Peter never visits the doctor again. Sometime later, he meets the doctor on the street.
“Why didn’t you come to see me again?” the doctor asks.
“A hundred dollars per visit? It’s too expensive for me. A barman helped me for 10 dollars.”
The doctor is surprised, “What did he do with you?”
“He told me to cut off the legs of the bed.”
Free jokes for students of English organised into three levels of difficulty.
What do you think about the joke?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.