Joke about a frying pan – level 2
A man is reading his newspaper. His wife comes to him and hits him on the head with a frying pan. He asks, “Why did you hit me?” “I found a piece of paper in your pocket with ‘Betty Sue’ written on it.”
He says, “Honey, ‘Betty Sue’ is the name of the horse which I want to buy.”
The wife says nothing.
Three days later, he is reading his newspaper when she comes to him and hits him very hard with a frying pan again.
He asks, “Why did you hit me again?”
She answers, “Your horse called.”
Free jokes for students of English organised into three levels of difficulty.
What do you think about the joke?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos