Joke About a Lighthouse – level 1
This is a conversation. It is between a Canadian man and a US ship. It is from October 1995. It was at sea near Canadian land. Canadian man: You must change your way. If you don’t change your way, we will have a big collision.
US ship: You must change your way. We have a big ship.
Canadian man: It is not possible. You must change your way.
US ship: This is the captain of a US ship. You must change your way.
Canadian man: It is not possible. We repeat. You must change your way.
US ship: This is a US ship. We are a very big ship. We repeat. You must change your way.
Canadian man: This is a lighthouse. We are waiting for your answer.
Free jokes for students of English organised into three levels of difficulty.
What do you think about the joke?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.