Joke About Rich Brothers – level 1
Three rich brothers wanted to do something special for their old mother. She had her birthday. The first brother bought her a big house.
The second brother gave her a big car, with a driver. The third brother remembered that his mother loved to read, but she had bad eyes. So he gave her a special parrot. This parrot could read books.
Soon, the brothers got letters from their mother. The first letter said, “The house is very big. I only live in one room, but I must clean all house.”
The second son got a letter, “I don’t go out very often. I don’t need the car and the driver is a bad man.”
The third son got a letter, “My sweet boy, you know what your mother loves. The chicken was very tasty.”
Free jokes for students of English organised into three levels of difficulty.
What do you think about the joke?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos