Joke About Rich Brothers – level 3
Three rich brothers each wanted to do something special for their old mother on her birthday. The first brother bought her a huge house.
The second brother gave her a big car, with a driver. The third brother remembered that his mother used to love to read the Bible, but couldn’t see well anymore, so he gave her a specially trained parrot that could read from the Bible.
Soon, the brothers received letters from their mother. The first letter said, “The house that you bought me is much too big. I only live in a small part of it, but I have to clean the whole house.”
The second son got a letter that said, “I don’t leave the house very often, so I don’t use the car very often. And when I use it, the driver is so rude.”
The third son got a letter that said, “My darling baby boy, you know what your mother loves. The chicken was very tasty.”
Free jokes for students of English organised into three levels of difficulty.
What do you think about the joke?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.