Joke About Work – level 3
A young man goes to a supermarket for his first day at work. The supermarket manager welcomes him with a smile and then gives him a brush to sweep the floor.
The young man looks very surprised and says, “But I studied at university.” The manager then says, “Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t realize that you studied at university. Give me the brush and I’ll show you how to do it.”
Free jokes for students of English organised into three levels of difficulty.
What do you think about the joke?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.