Kamikaze drones – level 1
Last week, Russian rockets hit several Ukrainian cities. Russia wants to destroy important buildings and roads. Exactly one week later, Russia attacks Ukrainian cities again. This attack is different. Russia uses drones.
People call them kamikaze drones. The word kamikaze comes from World War II. It is a Japanese word. Japanese pilots crash into ships and buildings. They die in the attack.
Kamikaze drones carry a small bomb. They hit buildings. The explosion sets fire to the building. Some experts say that the bombs come from Iran.
Rescuers must help people. Attacks with drones happen in many big cities across the country. At least 10 people die.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.